CYF-2425-01 / Houston, Texas
CYFOR offers an exciting and challenging opportunity to support NASA’s present and future human spaceflight programs at the NASA Johnson Space Center in Houston, Texas under the Safety and Mission Assurance Engineering (SMAEC II) Contract as a Systems Safety Engineer (E3). This is an exciting time to be making history with the NASA Safety & Mission Assurance (S&MA) team assuring continuous human presence on the International Space Station and returning humans to the Moon and on to Mars, safely. You will work in a collaborative environment comprised of NASA engineers, mission operations specialists, and commercial spaceflight experts. You will apply design and operations knowledge/expertise in various areas of S&MA; such as, system safety, reliability, quality engineering/assurance, software safety, risk management, etc. Job Responsibilities:
• Evaluation of products including hazard analysis, design verification analysis, reliability and maintainability analysis, hardware qualification and acceptance test reports
• Evaluation of changes to requirements, materials, processes and procedures for potential impacts to flight safety and mission success
• Evaluation of spacecraft design and operations for compliance to NASA S&MA requirements and system certification limits / constraints
• Assist with the development and effective implementation of S&MA requirements, processes and procedures.
• Perform qualitative and quantitative risk assessments and trade studies.
• Identify, characterize and provide recommendations regarding mitigation of safety and mission assurance risks to senior management.
• Participation in failure analysis and problem resolution
• 10 to 15 years related experience.
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills
• Technical excellence, integrity, and self-initiative
• Ability to work effectively across multiple organizations / stakeholders and within a teaming environment to get results.
• Proficient in use of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Power Point, Excel)
• Experience with spacecraft design, test and verification, maintenance, and operations • S&MA experience with emphasis on system safety (hazard analysis) and reliability analyses to inform and influence design, test and verification activities, and planned flight operations.
• Experience performing root cause analysis and development of fault trees.
Required Education: BS degree in Engineering or related Science/Technical field (Electrical, Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering preferred)
Required: Candidate must be a U.S. citizen and able to obtain and retain Public Trust security clearance. Salary: Salary at CYFOR Technologies is determined by various factors, including but not limited to location, the individual’s particular combination of education, knowledge, skills, competencies, and experience, as well as contract-specific affordability and organizational requirements. The projected annual compensation range for this position is $85,000 to $100,000 annually. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position and is just one component of CYFOR’s total compensation package for employees.