CYFOR has a rewarding position supporting the Space Development and Test Directorate on the DHSTO program. The successfully candidate will perform as the Directorate’s manager for the planning, execution and reporting of Information Assurance and Cyber Security disciplines for the space ground and launch systems throughout the Space Development and Test Directorate. Their main responsibility will be to ensure that relevant acquisition system protections are properly planned, implemented and reported throughout the system development lifecycle. This position is located within the Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC), Advanced Systems and Development Directorate (AD), Houston, TX.
Organization goals: The Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) is responsible for delivering resilient, affordable, and sustainable space capabilities for the nation. SMC plans, manages and conducts research, development, acquisition, and sustainment activities for all space systems, subsystems and components.
- Employee plans and carries out assignments independently; conceives and defines solutions to highly complex problems; analyzes, interprets, and reports findings of projects; and guides technical and programmatic work of team members in comparable junior grades. Completed work and reports are reviewed for feasibility, compatibility with other work or effectiveness in meeting requirements or expected results. Include statement if applicable: Position involves 51% or more of time in direct support of acquisition positions.
- Manage application of cyber security policies for development of new systems.
- Applies knowledge of IA policy, procedures, and workforce structure to develop and implement a secure network environment for all space and information mission systems (satellite, ground and launch) within the branch.
- Serve as the branch Information Assurance Manager (Level III).
- Directs associate members of the unit information assurance workforce to properly prepare, distribute, and maintain plans, instructions, guidance, and standard operating procedures concerning the security of network system(s) operations. Develop security requirements for system/ service acquisitions under development.
- Prepare and/or oversee the preparation of IA certification and accreditation documentation for systems under development. Partner with associate organizations to communicate how information assurances standards are applied for the network environment, ensuring that new systems meet compliance objectives.
- Support Program Managers responsible for the acquisition of DoD IS to ensure IA architecture and systems engineering requirements are properly addressed throughout the acquisition lifecycle.
- Engage with the designated accreditation authority and higher headquarters to interpret how to apply information assurance policies for new research and development technologies.
- Analyze identified security strategies and select the best approach or practice for the enclave or network environment.
- Ensure that security related provisions of the system acquisition documents meet all identified security needs.
- Evaluate the presence and adequacy of security measures proposed or provided in response to requirements contained in acquisition documents.
- Advise the DAA of changes affecting the enclave’s IA posture.
- Manage sustainment of cyber security accreditations for existing systems.
- Implements knowledge of IA policy, procedures, and workforce structure in order to maintain a secure network environment for all space and information mission systems (satellite, ground and launch) within the branch.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the enclaves’
- IA security procedures and safeguards to ensure they provide the intended level of protection. Interpret patterns of non-compliance to determine their impact on levels of risk and/or overall effectiveness of the enclave’s IA program. Provide
- Regular status to associate units and organizations of accreditation status.
- Coordinate requirements for accreditation renewal or system upgrades to maintain standards throughout system operational life.
- Monitor and evaluate the risks and vulnerabilities with associated systems, provide recommendations for sustainment based on current information assurance guidance.
- Support Program Managers responsible for the sustainment of DoD IS to ensure IA architecture and systems engineering requirements are properly addressed throughout the acquisition life-cycle. Manage application of modernization of cyber security policies for existing systems.
- Applies knowledge of IA policy, procedures, and workforce structure in order to implement upgrades and modernization initiatives in order to sustain a secure network environment for all space and information mission systems (satellite, ground and launch) within the branch.
- Assess threats to and vulnerabilities of the enclave, and develop approaches to mitigate enclave vulnerabilities and recommend changes to system or system components as required.
- Work with system developers to ensure compliance for IA architectures and designs for systems and networks with multilevel security requirements or requirements for the processing of multiple classification levels of data (e.g., UNCLASSIFIED, SECRET, and TOP SECRET).
- Support Program Managers responsible for the modernization of DoD IS to ensure IA architecture and systems engineering requirements are properly addressed throughout the acquisition lifecycle.
- Coordinate application of associated security domains to ensure cyber security compliance.
- Manage and coordinate the application of associated security disciplines to meet requirements associated system accreditation in order to provide a secure network environment for all space and information mission systems (satellite, ground and launch) within the branch. Interact with directorate, base and higher headquarters security subject matter experts to ensure that adequate physical, network, telecommunications, emissions, communications and cryptographic security measures are implemented to support both the initial accreditation and sustainment of systems.
- Work with the security cadre to assess and communicate the risk associated with development, upgrade or operation of systems.
- Coordinate actions to address security issues or shortfalls in order maintain proper system accreditation per DoD Information Assurance standards.
Qualifications, Education and Experience:
- CISSP Certification
- Current Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) or ability to obtain one for a security clearance.
- Must have an Associate degree, or certification in Computer Science, Information Technology/Systems, or related field from an accredited college, university or technical institute and at least 3 years of overall experience in the field or in a related area or equivalent work experience of 5 years.
- Certified per DoD 8570.1 Approved Baseline Certifications for Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II, Security + or ability to obtain within 6 months of hiring.
- Experience with configuration of operating systems and software for PCs, servers, firewalls, switches, and networking.
- Must have the ability to analytically solve problems that may arise and determine preventative measures; must have excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Good written and verbal communications skills, and ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows operating systems, and Microsoft Office tools.
- Certified Authorization Professional (CAP) as a certification or ability to obtain the certification within 1 year of hiring.
- Experience with Dept of Defense IT security systems
- Experience with DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP), Risk Management Framework (RMF) for DoD Information Technology, or NIST RMF
- Experience with standard DoD tools, such as Tenable Nessus product suite, HBSS, PKI
- Experience with building and maintaining Microsoft SQL databases
- Experience with Linux operating systems and VMware
Required: Candidate must be a US Citizen
Pay Range: $100,000 – $160,000 depending upon applicable years of experience.